Who Are We?
Baldwin Industrial Group is a successful, growing, veteran-owned and family-operated electrical contracting firm. We are headquartered on the eastern side of California’s Sierra Nevada mountain range with our main offices and warehouse located directly within the beautiful community of Mammoth Lakes. To date, we have focused on the electrical trade, but the vision has always been to expand into other related areas like HVAC and plumbing. Now that vision is becoming a reality and we are always on the lookout for the very best talent.
Why Work Here?
Living and working here literally offers “front-door” access to some of the best skiing, hiking, mountain-biking and fishing anywhere! And, with our history of consistent growth and continuous opportunities for advancement, your career with B.I.G. can be as fulfilling as you choose to make it.
Our team has already worked together through the risks, trials and tribulations of starting up during the recession with nothing more than a burning passion to deliver the very best in all that we do. And, over time we have developed a reputation for delivering expert, reliable, fair and dependable service.
And now, our future growth hinges on finding and retaining new individuals who are dedicated to our same vision of being ethical, reliable, professional and knowledgeable in all that we do. Real people who demonstrate ambition, community spirit, loyalty, common sense, patience and intelligence. If this sounds like you, then we need to talk!
Baldwin Industrial Group is an equal opportunity, “at-will” employer and maintains a strict drug and alcohol free workplace. We abide by all State and Federal employment laws and maintain workers compensation insurance. New employees may need to complete a background check, sign a “non-competition” agreement, a “confidentiality” agreement and/ or submit to a drug test, depending on their position.
The same passion that fuels our team to be the very best includes how we treat our family of employees. And, although we are always adding to the list, current benefits include:
- Paid Time Off Program (Vacation & Sick)
- Retirement Plan Setup and Company Matching
- Medical Insurance Premium Matching
- Dog Friendly Office
And, certain positions also offer:
- Paid Training (Tuition, Hotels, Meals and Fuel Costs)
- Flexible Work Schedule
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Do you take pride in your workmanship, in operating safely and with honoring commitments?
- Do you have a sincere passion for delivering top-notch customer service?
- Are you willing to learn and try new ways of doing things?
- Do you work effectively with others?
- Are you able to balance priorities and to work independently?
- Do you strive to continuously develop yourself, both personally AND professionally?
- Do you relish the opportunity to be directly responsible for the success of your team, your company and your customers?
- Are you motivated by an environment where you actually create your own opportunities for advancement and increases in pay?
- Do you want to work in a beautiful, friendly and close-knit mountain community?
- Are you professional and respectful when dealing with others, regardless of what kind of day you might be having?
- Do you take difficult customers and situations in stride, understanding the “big picture” of what “comes with the territory” in our line of work?
- Will you work nights, weekends, holidays, odd shifts and even in the wind, rain, sun and snow when customer needs require our team to do so?
- Do you possess an attention to detail, persistence and a sense of humor?
And, because we are a small business within a tourism-based local market, some important realities to keep in mind are:
- Our employees wear many “hats” as changing needs dictate. The more willing you are to adapt and grow within the company, the greater your likelihood of becoming an integral, long-term, key member of our operations.
- Staffing, budgeting and operational capability can change quickly and with little notice. Therefore, the value you contribute is directly proportional to the availability of work during lean times.
- Your contribution to the success of our team is directly proportional to the quality of benefits, service vehicles, tools and business equipment the company can provide.
If this sounds like an environment that you can thrive in, then click here to view current opportunities!