Electrical Services for Commercial Properties
At Baldwin Industrial Group, we understand that your commercial property is a critical investment. We know that our electricians may be in direct contact with employees and customers of your enterprise and we also understand that business operations oftentimes need to continue uninterrupted during the course of work. We work with several local business, so we know what it takes to meet the unique scheduling and access needs of restaurants, hotels, offices and stores in a resort town.
A Cut Above The Competition
Our technicians will conduct themselves with professionalism and be courteous with all persons encountered at your site. We work hard to contain construction debris to our work areas, covering items to minimize dust and cleaning as we go. As with homes, we try to leave every job site cleaner than it was upon our arrival. And of course, we will provide our same legendary customer service to every client, regardless of project size.
We recognize that electrical requirements and aesthetic expectations differ between offices, restaurants, hotels, stores and warehouses so we will work with you to explain the applicable codes and materials required for your project and to achieve the balance you need between price, functionality and aesthetics.
We have created this section of our website with the goal of providing you with the information and resources that will help you make educated decisions about which commercial services best address your business’s needs.
New Codes Can Provide Significant Savings On Operating Costs
The 2013 Title 24 requirements are the newest iteration of energy saving mandates put forth by the State of California and opinions vary as to how people feel about them. Regardless, the electrical portion of Title 24 will go into effect this July (2014) and electrical work permitted after that date will need to comply.
The upside is that 2013 requirements are supposed to provide an additional 30% operating cost reduction over the previous 2008 requirements, and if an installation is not up to the 2008 level of efficiency than the savings on operating costs will be even greater.
As an example, in our office/ warehouse space, we converted a couple metal halide fixtures over to fluorescent and then installed a couple vacancy and occupancy sensors and immediately begin saving $50 a month on our $170 electricity bill. Plus, the lighting coverage is better and we don’t have to remember to turn off the lights when we leave the space. These monthly cost savings achieved an instant reduction in overhead/ operating costs with minimal initial investment.
Chances are Good that We’ve Already Worked on Your Building
Our availability, reliability and follow-through have earned us repeat business with nearly every single business we have worked with, and with changing ownership, the chances are good that our team may already be familiar with the electrical system in your building, or one just like it nearby. What this can mean for you is savings if we can spend less time trying to figure out how your building is wired, and more time on the specific job at hand. Our familiarity with common equipment and systems also means less time spent figuring out the common issues that we’ve seen before.
- Hospitality clients include: Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, The Village At Mammoth, The Westin Monache, Sierra Nevada Resort and Spa, Sierra Lodge, Motel 6 and the Best Western Creekside Inn.
- Restaurant clients include well known local favorites like Gomez’s, The Stove, The Breakfast Club, Rafter’s, Feeneys Starlight Cafe, Bear Creek Pizza, all of the Ski Area venues and Dominos.
- Mall and Office clients include the Mammoth Luxury Mall, Sierra Center Mall, Town of Mammoth Lakes and The Village at Mammoth.
- Retail Store-front clients include McCoy Sports, Alpine Paint, Bishop Starbucks, Busy Bee General Store, Rite-Aid in Mammoth Lakes, Bishop Rite-Aid and Bishop Kmart.
- Since we provide services in all of the major local apartment and condo complexes, we are often the first person called by the Homeowners Associations for common area work.
With service calls and repairs, we often have a narrow window to get the job done before a new visitor arrives. And we know that remodel and renovation work is best done in the shoulder seasons, but sometimes situations arise where it needs to be done “right now” on a tight timeline. Our success in accommodating these needs have made us a preferred resource in this arena, and businesses know that they can count on Baldwin Industrial Group to deliver the goods (and services).
High Quality at a Fair Price
Commercial projects typically call for different code requirements and a different level of materials than a home. With this in mind, it makes financial sense to call a professional instead of a handyman when your commercial property needs electrical work. Why expose yourself to the liability of questionable reliability, electrocution or fire? For “up-time”, aesthetics and functionality, you can count on our trained and experienced team to provide the expert electrical services your business needs.
While we are known for placing a strong emphasis on aesthetics and quality workmanship, we also work hard to make sure we present the most cost-effective way to achieve the results you need. We know that every project and every business has a unique financial position, so we try to work with you to achieve the balance that is right for your company’s budget.
We always keep an eye out for defects, code violations and safety issues during the course of work, but we will never try to sell you more service than you need. With that in mind, if we find a building’s electrical system is in a state of obvious disrepair, is severely aged or appears to have significant questionable alterations, we will usually recommend a more thorough inspection and comprehensive inspection report. And, if we uncover a hazard which poses an obvious and real, life-safety or fire hazard, we will explain the deficiency and do our best to offer you remedies that will address it quickly.
Commercial Electrical Services Overview
We are capable of handling projects of all sizes and electrical work of all types. From changing light bulbs to new buildings or troubleshooting that problem that has been eluding everyone else.
Below, we have presented a partial list of the most common services we provide for commercial electrical applications, so feel free to follow any of the active links below to learn more about how we can help you improve the aesthetics and functionality of your commercial property, protect your investment and save on energy costs. We are in the process of adding more links and information to our site, so please contact us if you need more information that you do not find here. Just call 760-914-2455 and one of our team members will be happy to help you!
- Service Calls: Efficient, Logical and Effective Troubleshooting and Repair (We fix it right the first time!)
- Sign Lighting: Installation, Repair, Upgrading, LED, Timers and Custom Installations (Make sure your customers can see you in the dark!)
- Commercial Overhead Doors: Liftmaster Controls, Photo-eyes, Motors and Power Requirements
- Security Cameras: Installation, Adding-On, Repairs and Upgrading
- Lighting Upgrades: LED, CFL, Fluorescent, Dimmers, Vacancy/ Occupancy Sensors and Timers (Start saving money quickly by upgrading)
- Electrical Panels, Main or Sub: Evaluation, Replacement, Repair and Adding of New Panels
- Circuit Breakers: Replacement, Inspection and Adding New (Large Inventory In Stock for Emergencies!)
- Range Hood Ansul Systems: Interface and Control Electrical Functions, Installing New and Repair or Upgrade of Existing
- Electric Heaters – Baseboard, Fan-forced and Convection: Cleaning, Testing, Installation, Repair, Replacement and Upgrading
- Thermostats – Dial, Electronic, Internet-Connected: Installation, Adding-On and Upgrading (Save money by increasing accuracy and control options)
- Accent Lighting: Installation, Adding-On, Upgrading and Repairs (Save money by upgrading to high efficiency)
- Ceiling Fans – Fan/ Light Controls and Remote Control Modules: Installation, Repair, Upgrading and Replacement (Tall ceilings? No problem!)
- Recessed Can Lighting: Installation, Adding-On, Retrofitting with LED’s and Repairs (Save more money without sacrificing light color by upgrading to LED instead of CFL)
- Flat Panel TV’s and Monitors: Power, Mounting, Hidden In-Wall-Rated Cables, Surge Protection, Upgrading (Look mom, no wires – and it even meets code!)
- Telephone, TV, Speaker and Network Wiring and Jacks: Cat 5, Cat 6, Coaxial, Splitters, Amplifiers, Switches, etc
- Security Lighting: Installation, Upgrading and Repairs
- Under Cabinet Lighting: Installation, Adding-On, Upgrading and Repairs
- Landscape Lighting: Installation, Adding-On, Upgrading and Repairs
- Holiday and Decorative Lighting: Installation, Adding-On, Upgrading and Repairs
- Receptacles, Outlets, Switches and Wall-Plates: Installation, Adding-On, Upgrading and Repairs
- Exhaust Fans – Heaters, Lights and Nightlights: Installation, Upgrading, Repair and Replacement
- Electrical Safety Inspections: Photos, Evaluation and Recommended Corrective Actions
- Appliance Receptacles and Cords: Dryers, Electric Ranges, Ovens, Garbage Disposals, etc
- Specialty Receptacles: USB, GFCI, Arc-Fault, Child/ Tamper-Proof, Surge Protect, Weather-Proof, etc
- Wireless Remote Controls: Lighting, Receptacles, Thermostats, Home Theaters, etc
- Internet Controlled Devices: Lighting, Thermostats, Door Locks, etc
- Scene and Dimming Controls: Mood Lighting, Art Lighting, Color Changing, etc
- Bathroom Lighting: Vanity fixtures, Showers Can Lighting, Overhead/ Exhaust Combos and Nightlights
- Track Lighting: Installation, Upgrading, Repair and Replacement (Low and High Voltage Types)
- Electric Water Heaters and Instant Hot Units: Troubleshooting, Repair, Adding Timers/ Switches and New Power Hook-Ups